Sunday, October 3, 2010

cut it out!

Stella McCartney always comes out with beautiful clothes for women. It's hard to find an ensemble that you truly love everything about, but I can usually find at least one or two in each of her collections. A while back, I saw a picture of Gwyneth Paltrow in a magazine wearing this cut-out halter dress from Stella McCartney's Fall 2008 collection, and my heart nearly skipped a beat. Apparently, Kristen Stewart also wore the dress for a GQ shoot later that year.

The dress is simply gorgeous! It's subtly sexy, made from intricately crocheted wool and a mesh layer in place underneath all the spots that expose skin. So when I stumbled on the dress on Ebay for a fraction of the retail cost, I couldn't let the opportunity pass me by (although I tried to talk myself out of it about a dozen times!). I brought it to the tailor after it came in the mail and she made it perfect (the zipper was stuck and the hook and eye closure for the back was broken). I haven't worn it yet, but I have no regrets at all!



Thank you to Shopual for always having a great designer clothing selection! Also, if you live near any of UAL's brick & mortar locations, be sure to check them out. They have stores in New Orleans, Nashville, and Los Angeles.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...